Global regulations are prompting operators to explore lower-GWP refrigerant solutions. Among the options, CO2 is touted for its minimal carbon footprint. But operators should weigh the decision to switch carefully. Five Facts To Consider Before Switching To CO2 outlines five important facts that should be thought through before switching to a CO2 system.
1. CO2 in many cases is inefficient
2. CO2 systems are expensive
3. CO2 system leaks can quickly halt your operations
4. CO2 systems must be serviced by harder-to-find technicians
5. R-744 (refrigerant grade CO2) isn’t as abundant as you think it is
To make the decision that’s best for your business, do your research—and consider all the facts.